In today’s time, there are many carrier opportunities available to students/teenagers. In a single field, there are a lot of specializations available, and even in a particular specialization, there are different job roles in which one can opt.
Thus, we can say that the carrier prospects have become more complex and demand a great deal of planning before choosing a carrier path. But there is one field where students are as much interested as they were some years ago.
We are talking about the most sought after post-graduation course among the students-MBA. Apart from offering a lucrative carrier, MBA programs also develop all the skills that are required to be possessed by entrepreneurs.
In this article, we are going to discuss what an MBA is, what is the eligibility criteria for pursuing it, what kind of exposure does one get while pursuing this course or what are the personality traits that one develops through the MBA. So, if you are interested in getting into this stuff, then let’s get started.
What is an MBA?
MBA stands for the Masters of Business Administration. It is a post-graduate course that offers theoretical, conceptual, and practical training to the management aspirants in different aspects such as basic accounting, operations management, economics, corporate finance, etc.
Even, there are many specializations in an MBA course which offers a specific set of knowledge about a particular field of management related either to marketing, Finance, Human resource management, IT, Hospitality sector, etc.
The specialization in which student pursues his specialization depends upon his interest and of course in the field in which wants to see himself working.
The Majority of the MBA programs in India are normally accredited by UGC or AICTE. However, some of the MBA programs are also accredited by international accreditations.
An MBA program may be of two types-one-year executive programs and a two-year full-time program. We will discuss a bit about them.
- MBA two year full-time program: – This is the most sought after program by the students, especially in Indian society. In this case, while some of the business schools offer a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) while some of the institutes offer a Master’s Degree (MBA). The MBA course is offered by the colleges which are affiliated to the universities. The colleges which are not affiliated to any of the universities offer the PGDM. However, it does not make much of the difference between an MBA or PGDM, as most of the recruiters choose the candidates by considering the caliber of the students and the reputation of the business school. Students usually have to go through a summer training/internship of months at the end of the first year during the course. Such kind of internship offers the students a view of the corporate world. Students get a chance to apply their classroom knowledge in their training period while performing the various tasks of the organization under which the student has his summer internship.
- MBA one year executive: – These are the programs that are specially designed for the working professionals who are having at least 2-3years of experience and want further growth in their carrier. There are many prestigious B-schools in India, which offers one-year executive management programs.
You may feel that one-year executive management programs are not that worthy in terms of the carrier perspective, but you should keep this in mind that the one-year executive program graduates are getting the packages almost equivalent to the MBA graduates. These programs are well accepted in India by all corporate organizations.
How MBA programs add up to personality?
Following points describes how an MBA program helps in personality development: –
Credibility: The knowledge which an MBA graduate gets during his MBA course from the business school makes him credible in the eyes of the representatives of the organizations.
They assume that if the candidate who is holding an MBA degree and has completed the course in a reasonably well manner, then probably he has acquired the principle of management in his daily routine.
Communication skills: This is one of the major skills which are taught in an MBA program. There are many public speaking workshops arranged during the course, which helps the candidates to tackle real-life situations like these effectively.
Time management & Discipline: MBA programs are aimed at teaching the management students the principles of time management, which goes a long way in helping them to shape their carriers.
Several assignments and presentation commitments that are to be met in non-negotiable deadlines help in developing the sense of discipline in students.
Apart from these qualities, if we talk about good MBA programs, they also help in developing self-confidence, professionalism, knowledge regarding the field of specialization, leadership quality, etc.
Eligibility for getting admission into an MBA program:
The Following are the points which represent the eligibility criteria for getting admission into an MBA course. These are:
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks. Final year undergraduate students also are usually allowed to apply.
- Many of the prestigious management institutes demand that the candidate must have given any of the standardized management tests such as XAT, MAT, CAT, etc.
- Work experience on the part of the candidate is also preferred by the institutes, but that’s not mandatory for getting admission into an MBA program.
Some of the rules regarding the eligibility criteria may differ depending upon the type of the business school or university to which it is affiliated; otherwise, the above-discussed points are in common between them.
There are many prestigious colleges and universities in India, which are known for their quality education and high-quality teaching and learning standards, and BML Munjal University is one of them. The university is named after the founder and Chairman of the Hero Group, BrijmohanLall Munjal, the BMU is committed to preserving as well as imparting the internationally bench marked skills as well as the knowledge to the diverse students’ community from all over the world.
There is a wide range of educational programs associated with different fields, which are offered by BML Munjal University. It has received many awards and achievements in its area of creating a nurturing and dynamic educational environment.