There are chances that at some point or the other you might have thought to visit a cardiologist and maybe also fix an appointment. With heart diseases being the number one killer it might have occurred to you as well if you are above the age of 40 that what if you also become its victim. You might have also thought of visiting the best heart doctor in Mumbai. If you feel like that you might also be at risk of getting a heart disease then getting a routine checkup with your physician will keep you at the top of your heart health. Here we have discussed a few reasons which will explain to you that when you should actually visit a cardiologist:
- On the advice of your primary care physician: If your family cardiologist notices anything which needs to be checked a little more closely and deeply by a heart doctor then he or she might advise you or refer to you a cardiologist. If this is the case then you should make an appointment right away.
- Family History of Heart Problems: Heart diseases have a strong genetic component. If you have seen heart problems in your family and also high cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Then you shouldn’t waste any time and get a check-up done.
- High Cholesterol Levels: Since there are no symptoms of high cholesterol levels so it gets really difficult to manage it. High cholesterol levels are one of the most significant factors of heart disease. So if you have high cholesterol numbers then you shouldn’t delay in getting a heart checkup done.
- History of Preeclampsia during your pregnancy: All those women who have had high blood pressure or preeclampsia during their pregnancy or postpartum period have double the chances of getting heart problems in comparison to those women who did not face such issues. So it’s better to be safe now than being sorry later. If this has been the case during any of your pregnancies then you should get your heart checked today.
- The age of your heart is more than your age: Yes this can be true. Your heart can be older than you. If this is so then you immediately need to visit a cardiologist for your checkup. Now you might be wondering how I can find out that. Well, it’s really simple you can go to http://www.asianheartinstitute.org/heart-age-calculator.htmland get to know your heart age.
- If you are a smoker: If you have been or currently are into smoking then visiting a heart doctor is a must for your checkup. Smoking is one of the major risk factors for getting heart disease.
- If you are a diabetic: If you are a diabetic and an adult then you have two to four times more chances of getting heart disease than compared to those people who are not diabetic. So, in this case, a checkup is a must.
- HadCongenital Heart Disease in your Childhood: If you had CHD as a child and also had surgery then continuous care is very important. You cannot ignore this fact and go light on it. A routine checkup is a must in your case.
So now you might have got clear to you as to when you should visit a cardiologist. You can also get the best hospital for heart treatment in Mumbai itself which is the Asian Heart Institute. You can get highly skilled and experienced cardiologists whom you can consult and get the best advice. At Asian, you won’t be suggested any unnecessary treatments but only what is required for your problem as AHI follows ethical practices which have made it India’s No. 1 Heart Care Hospital. Book your appointment today.